Founded in 1958, Borcat Trailers had their beginnings manufacturing trailers for the Coal Industry. Their first trailer being a 16 foot single axle tipper.
Borcat found continued success as pioneers of the industry, creating the countries first tip over axle trailer and one of the first to implement the use of Aluminium within tipping bodies. There was a great deal of time and money spent on perfecting the thickness and grade of the aluminium material.
Some 60 plus years on the result has remained, high quality trailers that are “Built to Last”.
In 2008, John Thompson and Paul Gallager purchased the business with the handover being carefully supervised by the founders to ensure the essence remained in the company.
Other business milestones were updating the engineering team tools to utilise the latest 3D and simulation CAD drawing software. This ensures they remain at the cutting edge of trailer manufacturing.
Most recently, Borcat Trailers joined forces with Lucidity Australia to provide them with market proven harnesses and lighting systems. The inclusion of GloTrac Marker & Rear Combination Lamps offer the distinctive appearance such a historic brand demands. As Borcat were looking for a no-compromise product which was simple to fit and maintain, Lucidity’s IDM wiring range was the go-to selection. The IDM’s superior fitment and waterproofing capabilities are a must for the tipper market. Lucidity Australia would like to thank the team at Borcat Trailers for their continued trust and support and we look forward to a rich future with our latest partner.