3370896 – Battery Voltage Assurance (BVA)
- Built-In DT (Deutsch) Connector
- DC Input Voltage Range 5V to 20V (Automotive Load Dump rated to 60V
- Standby Current with No load on the output Less than 2 mA
- Standby Current Tripped Less than 2 mA
- Power Consumption with Load at less than 1 A 2 mA to 15 mA dependant on Load
- Operating Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C
- Power Consumption with Load at 1 A & Above 15 mA
- Designed specifically for the Australian Transport Industry
The BVA is designed to disconnect the supply to any electronics unit if the input voltage drops below 12.1V or it detects excess current through the relay, it is not designed as a circuit breaker and a short on the output may damage the unit.
The unit monitors the load current as well as the battery voltage if the load current exceeds 15Amps the unit will disconnect the load. It will check every 2.5 seconds to see if the overload has been removed and if the Load is less than 15 Amps it will reactivate the output.
If the Battery Voltage drops below 12.1V for a period of time the unit will disconnect the load and once the battery voltage returns 12.5V (battery is charging) the unit will reactivate the output. Averaging is used to filter momentary drops in voltage caused by large loads being turned on.